Talks for Growing Christians
The Conclusion of Zechariah’s Second Burden
Lesson Number 15
- In that day, the Lord will strike the nations with panic and plague.
- In that day, the Feast of Tabernacles will be celebrated as never before.
- Remember, your present situation is not your permanent state.
- In Zechariah’s second prophetic burden, what was the bad news and what was the good news?
- Review again, the simple time line of the future.
- When is the time of the bad news? When is the time of the good news?
- Read Zechariah 14:16. Who is the “everyone” here?
- Everyone who enters the Millennial Kingdom of Christ on this earth will be a believer. During these 1000 years will everyone be a believer?
- What is Satan’s role at the end of the Millennium?
- What is the Great White Throne Judgment? What happens after that?
- The bad news was of that there would be panic and plague on the nations. The good news was that great blessing would come with the future celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles.
- The Rapture of the Church, when believers met the Lord in the air will come at any time; then the seven-year Tribulation Period; then the Millennial Kingdom of Christ set up here on this earth for 1000 years.
- Bad news – the Tribulation Period; good news – the Millennium.
- “Everyone” refers to the living believers that come out of the Great Tribulation and enter the Millennial Kingdom of Christ. These are the sheep of the nations that passed the test of the Lord’s judgment of the nations, the judgment of the sheep and the goats. See Matthew 25:31-34.
- No, many people will be born during this period, but not everyone who is born will become a believer.
- Satan will deceive and rally together the unbelievers of the Millennium from the nations and they will go up to Jerusalem to make war against the land.
- The Great White Throne Judgment is when God judges all unbelievers. Then God will set up the new heavens and the new earth for the eternal state.
- The Lord will strike the armies of the nations who are gathered against Jerusalem with panic and plague. Recall in Judges chapters 7-8, how the Lord used panic and confusion in the days of Gideon when He defeated the Midianites. The Lord chooses His methods for every occasion to defeat the enemy. When His time comes, He will win a great victory for Jerusalem.
- Ezekiel Chapters 45-46 tell us that biblical feasts will be celebrated during the Millennium. The Feast of Tabernacles in emphasized in Zechariah 14:16 because it is the only one typically fulfilled in the Kingdom age. Review the seven biblical feasts that God gave to Israel and their fulfillment:
Passover, the first biblical feast, typically fulfilled with the death of Christ
Feast of Unleavened Bread, typically fulfilled in the separation and communion of saints
Feast of Firstfruits, typically fulfilled with the resurrection of Christ
Feast of Pentecost, typically fulfilled with the coming of the Holy Spirit
Feast of Trumpets will be typically fulfilled with the regathering of Israel to the land
Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) will be typically fulfilled with the national repentance and cleansing of Israel
Feast of Tabernacles will be typically fulfilled in the kingdom itself.
Note that the first four feast were all typically fulfilled with the first coming of Christ, and the last three feasts will be typically fulfilled with the second coming of Christ. In that day, everything in Jerusalem will be cleansed and dedicated to the Lord. Israel will truly be the Holy Land. And this wonderful condition will ripple out around the world because the Lord’s kingdom is universal. Allelujah!
- Would you want to live in your present situation forever? Regardless of how good or how bad it is, it is not your permanent state. As a believer, you will be part of all the future blessings of Christ’s kingdom here on this earth. You will reign with Christ in His kingdom. Are you excited about this prospect?
- “ In that day a great panic from the Lord will be among them.” Zechariah 14:13
- “Everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King…and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.” Zechariah 14:16
- “In that day, ‘HOLINESS TO THE LORD’ shall be engraved on the bells of the horses.” Zechariah 14:20