Talks for Growing Christians
What About God’s Program for the Nation of Israel?
Lesson Number 26
- The Jewish people were given MFN (Most Favored Nation) status in
b. the glory
c. the covenants
d. the giving of the law
e. the service of God
f. the promises
g. the fathers of Israel (the patriarchs)
h. the Messiah
- How great is my passion for souls?
- In the Epistle to the Romans, what is the great doctrine presented?
- Give a brief outline of Romans
a. chapters 1-3
b. chapter 4
c. chapters 5-8
- What is the main question not fully answered in the first eight chapters?
- How is Paul's concern for his Jewish brothers shown in this epistle?
- What does it mean that the Jewish people were given MFN status?
- The great doctrine of Romans is justification by faith.
- hapters 1-3 - the whole world is shown to be guilty before God
chapter 4 - God's way of salvation is clearly presented, which is by grace through faith
chapters 5-8 - the benefits and blessings of the package of salvation
- The question concerning God's plans for the nation Israel
- When Paul is accused, he bares his own soul, so much that if possible he would take God's judgment upon himself for God's people Israel. Refer to Romans 9:2-3.
- Israel was certainly granted Most Favored Nation status by God Himself. God called Abraham out of idolatry of the ancient world, and began with him a new people, the Jewish people. The chosen people became a nation greatly favored by God. Romans 9:4-5, 8 speak to the great blessings that emphasize this status.
- Review the blessings God gave to Israel that showed the MFN status. You may wish to listen to the tape again to review these.
- The Messiah was the climax and great blessing. Contrast this blessing with the fathers of Israel.
- Paul's concern for his kinsmen was so great that he would have taken God's judgment upon himself for them (Romans 9:3). How great is your passion for souls?
- "I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart, for I could wish that I myself were accurse from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh." Romans 9:2-3