Talks for Growing Christians
Blessings and Benefits for Christians
Lesson Number 13
- God’s package of salvation includes peace with God.
- God’s package of salvation includes favor with God.
- God’s package of salvation include hope of glory.
- God’s package of salvation includes joy in tribulations.
- God’s package of salvation includes assurance of salvation.
- God’s package of salvation includes our reconciliation.
- Let’s not forget to thank the Lord for more than fire insurance.
- What does it mean to have peace with God?
- What does it mean to have favor with God?
- What does it mean to have the hope of glory?
- What does it mean to have assurance of salvation?
- What does it mean that God’s package of salvation includes our reconciliation?
- It means that the believer is no longer at odds with God or alienated from Him. Peace has been declared because of what God has done for you in Christ.
- It means the believer has access to the Father, being in the family of God. This is their position before Almighty God; it is the standing of the believer.
- Believers look forward to heaven, being with the Lord in glory.
- The subjective proof of assurance is that you have the Holy Spirit indwelling you. The objective proof is that Christ died for us when we were sinners. Will He not finish the job and keep us safe and secure?
- We are brought into a wonderful, beautiful, harmonious relationship with God.
- A quick review and preview:
Romans 1-3: the whole world is shown to be guilty before God
Romans 4: God has a plan of salvation for guilty sinners (by grace through faith)
Romans 5-8: the great privileges of the justified believer and some of the blessings and benefits of our salvation.
Review and preview your life in relation to these benefits and blessings in our package of salvation.
- Tribulations are used of God to teach us patience and perseverance, to build Christian character, and to give us hope. Do you find joy in tribulations? Remember that God is at work in your life when you have tribulations.
- Take a good amount of time to thank the Lord for your salvation, then take a good amount of time to thank Him for the blessings and benefits of Romans 5:1-11. Let’s not forget to thank the Lord for more than fire insurance.
- “Having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1
- “We glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Romans 5:3-4
- “God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8