Talks for Growing Christians
All the World Is Guilty Before God
Lesson Number 8
- All objections to God’s judgment are answered.
a. There is no advantage to being one of God’s chosen people.
b. God is not faithful to His promises.
c. God is unjust to punish unrighteousness because man’s unrighteousness highlights God’s righteousness.
d. Since God’s truth and glory are enhanced because of man’s lying and sin, then God is wrong to judge.
- All the world is guilty before God.
- Where are you on God’s scale of righteousness?
- Is there an advantage to being one of God’s chosen people?
- Is the charge true that God is not faithful to His promises?
- Is God unjust to punish unrighteousness because man’s unrighteousness highlights God’s righteousness?
- Respond to Doctrinal Point 1d.
- What is the conclusion and summation of the argument of Romans?
- Even though the Jews were especially privileged to have the oracles of God committed to them, they did not have an advantage over Gentiles.
- No, it is not true. God is faithful to His promises. The Jews are guilty for not believing them.
- No, for who else would God judge the world? God’s righteousness is what judgment is all about.
- Their condemnation is just. See Romans 3:7-8. Refer also to Romans 6:1.
- That all the world is guilty before God.
- There are a number of quotations from Psalms in this passage under study. The purpose of these quotes is to show that Paul’s argument, that the entire world is guilty before God, is based on Scripture. Compared to God’s standard of righteousness, there is none righteous. Are you able to use Old Testament quotations to prove that there are none righteous?
- Show from this Romans 3:16-18 that sin has affected every part of us.
- Where are you on God’s scale of righteousness? Do you have a tendency to consider yourself more righteous than others?
- “What if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar.” Romans 3:3-4
- “If our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world?” Romans 3:5-6
- “It is written: ‘There is none righteous, no, not one.’” Romans 3:10