Talks for Growing Christians
The Consequences of Rejecting God
Lesson Number 4
- People who reject the truth of God are abandoned to the consequences of sexual fornication.
- People who reject the truth of God are abandoned to the consequences of sexual perversion.
- People who reject the truth of God are abandoned to the consequences of a debased mind.
- Does Romans 1:32 have application for you?
- “God gave them up.” What is the idea here?
- What lie is addressed in Doctrinal Point #1?
- Is homosexuality a legitimate alternate lifestyle?
- Describe a “debased mind.”
- God is not to blame for man’s sin. God does not force someone to do what is right, nor does He manipulate people. If people wilfully reject the truth, God leaves the people to reap the sad consequences of their sin.
- The lie is that the creature exists independent of the Creator. The truth is that God has created us, and we find our fulfillment and enjoyment in obeying the Creator and following His guidelines for our lives. But people believe the lie that by doing their own thing they can find happiness, fulfillment, and freedom.
- No. It is sin, not a sickness. In Leviticus 18 and 20, this sin is called an abomination before God and was punishable by death. See also 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 for some who found freedom and forgiveness.
- A debased mind is one that has rejected the truth of God. Sin affects both the body and the mind. When God and His truth are rejected the mind is debased, no matter how educated. Notice the list, beginning in Romans 1:29-31.
- Has America believed the lie that the creature exists independent of the Creator, that people can find happiness and fulfillment in doing their own thing?
- Why is it that the sins of a debased mind are so widespread and increasing in our country?
- Does Romans 1:32 have application to you? Consider the application of this verse both to the unsaved and to the saved.
- “God gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie.” Romans 1:24-25
- “Knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.” Romans 1:32