Talks for Growing Christians
The Whole World Is Guilty Before God
Lesson Number 3
- God does not condemn people for ignorance of the truth.
- God does condemn people for willful rejection of the truth.
- Don’t be brain washed with the study of man’s religion.
- In the epistle to the Romans, we have good news and bad news. What is the good news? What is the bad news?
- Does God condemn people for ignorance of the truth?
- What is it called when evidence is seen in creation?
- Creation not only gives evidence of the power of God, but also of His divine nature. Explain.
- Does God condemn people for willful rejection of the truth?
- The good news is that God loves us and has provided a way of salvation for us. The Lord Jesus Christ died for us as our substitute, paying the penalty for our sin so that we can go to heaven. The bad news is that everyone is guilty before God. Everyone has sinned and the wrath of God is directed against sin.
- No. Instead they are condemned for negative volition (that is, an act of the will against God). God has given everyone clear evidence of Himself. No one has an excuse for not responding and submitting to the true God.
- Natural Revelation. See Psalm 19:1-4 for an example of evidence seen in creation.
- God’s invisible attributes are clearly seen, even His Godhead or Divine Nature. Note the wonderful, intelligent, and amazing design in creation, as seen in the atom or DNA molecule. This is more than design, it is information being conveyed.
- Yes, for they have rejected God Himself in their rejection of God’s revealed truth. Furthermore, not only is truth rejected, but it is repressed, held down in unrighteousness.
- No one has an excuse. What about the heathen or those who have never heard about Christ?
- Consider the wonderful, intelligent, and amazing design in creation. What is your answer to those who say that the world and everything in it came about by chance?
- Don’t be brain washed with the study of man’s religion. Would you compare man’s study of God, his search for God, and his idea of God against what God has revealed in His word, and in latter days through His Son?
- “The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness.” Romans 1:18
“Since the creation of the world God’s invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood…even His eternal power and Godhead, so they are without excuse.” Romans 1:20