Talks for Growing Christians
Closing Greetings from Paul and His Associates
Lesson Number 50
- Believers are established by the preaching of Christ crucified.
- Believers are established by the teaching of church truth.
- Don't feel bad if you are only a Tertius or a Quartus.
- Aren't you glad that God is wise?
- Why wasn't Paul able to visit the Christians in Rome, as he had planned?
- Who were some of Paul's associates named here?
- What is Paul's closing benediction known as?
- What does Paul mean by "my" gospel?
- What was the two-fold ministry that Paul was committed to by the Lord?
- He was arrested in Jerusalem and imprisoned in Cesarea.
- Gaius and Erastus. Erastus was a high ranking city steward. His name is inscribed in the ruins of ancient Corinth.
- A doxology (praising God for Who He is)
- Paul was given a special commission by the Lord to proclaim the gospel to the Gentiles. According to "my" gospel, it means proclaiming Christ and Him crucified.
- That of proclaiming the gospel and of revealing the mystery (the church).
- Discuss how believers are established by the teaching of church truth.
- God knows all the facts, and He is in control of all the facts (including the present world crises). Aren't you glad that He is all-wise?
- Tertius and Quartus were converted Roman slaves. Their names mean third and fourth, only numbers. But whatever they did for Paul, it was important to the Lord's work. Sometimes you might feel like just a number, but remember that what you do for the Lord is of great importance.
- "These Christians greet you..." Romans 16:21-23
- "He is able to establish you...according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began, but now revealed...so that all nations might believe and obey Him." Romans 16:25-26
- "Now to Him...the wise God be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen." Romans 16:27