Talks for Growing Christians
The Great Truth of the Judgment Seat of Christ
Lesson Number 42
- All believers will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ.
- All believers will give an account at the Judgment Seat of Christ.
- Let's teach the Judgment Seat of Christ to our children.
- Let's not be grumblers or stumblers.
- Romans 14 is a very practical portion of Scripture. Elaborate.
- Why aren't we to judge one another in matters of scruples?
- What is the Judgment Seat all about for believers?
- What is the judgment spoken of in Revelation 20:11-12? Who is affected by this judgment?
- What is the destination for those affected by this judgment?
- What will believers do at the Judgment Seat of Christ?
- Romans 14 deals with problems that confront us everyday, such as things that are neither good or bad, and things that are morally neutral, but they affect the conscience.
- We don't have to because we will all stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged rightly. We each answer to the Lord, now and then.
- It is not a judgment to determine whether the believer is saved or lost, but it is a judgment of our lives as believers and what we have done in service for Him.
- It is known as the Great White Throne Judgment. It is for unbelievers, whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
- Believers will give account of how they used their time and talents and money in their service for the Lord.
- Christian communities around the world and in different time spans are affected by scruples. Give some examples of how you might do this.
- There is a tendency for parents to breathe a sigh of relief when their children are saved, but there is more. Instead of setting down a lot of rules, remind them that one day they will give account of their lives to the Lord. Give some examples of how you might do this.
- As Christians, we have a tendency to grumble, especially about things that happen in the church setting. Resolve to make a conscious effort to avoid having a critical spirit.
- "We shall all stand at the judgment seat of Christ." Romans 14:10
- "Every knee shall bow to Jesus, and every tongue shall confess to God." Romans 14:11
- "Each of us shall give account of himself to God." Romans 14:12
- "Let us resolve not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way." Romans 14:13