Talks for Growing Christians
Believers Are Exhorted to Walk in Love and Light
Lesson Number 40
- Love and not debt should characterize the Christian.
- Light and not darkness should characterize the Christian.
- Let's stay out of financial debt.
- Are you ready for the Lord's return?
- Is there a debt that should remain outstanding?
- Define the word, "agape."
- Which verse in this section sums up all the commandments of love?
- How can a Christian be characterized by light?
- If you really love someone with God's love, you will not do him harm. Give an example of this.
- Yes. We can never pay the debt of the love of God. See Romans 13:8.
- Agape means the voluntary denial of self in the interest of others.
- Romans 13:9.
- By putting on the protection of the armor of God, by walking in the light, and by denying lustful things. See Romans 13:12-13.
- If you love your spouse with agape love, you will not commit adultery. If you really love your neighbor, you will not covet what he has.
- Are there legitimate cases to borrow money? Where is the line of keeping yourself out of debt? What does this mean for you in practical, day-by-day living?
- Are you ready for the Lord's return? What does His return mean to you?
- Agape love - how do you show it?
- "He who loves has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8, 10
- "Let us walk properly...put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh." Romans 13:13-14