Talks for Growing Christians
The Scroll Judgment Opened; The First Four Trumpet Judgments
Lesson Number 9
- The first trumpet judgment involves burning on the earth.
- The second trumpet judgment involves upheaval in the sea.
- The third trumpet judgment involves poisoning of the waters.
- The fourth trumpet judgment involves catastrophe in the heavens.
- Thank the Lord for the added incense.
- List the three series of Judgments that will occur during the Tribulation period.
- On what basis do we say the future Tribulation period will last seven years?
- What do we call the second 3 ½ years of the Tribulation period?
- What is a probable explanation for “a great mountain burning with fire thrown into the sea” (verse 8)?
- Who is the angel in verses 3-5?
- The Seal Judgments, the Trumpet Judgments, and the Bowl Judgments
- Based on the prophetic vision of Daniel 9, which foretells 70 weeks. Most of this vision has already been fulfilled, but the last week of the vision is still future. The 70th week, like the first 69 in Hebrew is a week of 7 years, not 7 days.
- The Great Tribulation
- An asteroid in our solar system colliding with the earth and crashing into the ocean
- It is the Lord Himself standing before the throne of God the Father and offering up the prayers of believers before God. No mere angel or saint could do that; only our Great High Priest, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Discuss how the plagues on Egypt (Exodus 7-12) were a preview of the Trumpet Judgments in the Tribulation period. Just as those plagues were literal, so these will be too.
- In the Lord’s role as our Great High Priest, He offers our prayers before God and makes them acceptable and pleasing to Him. Even when you’re not sure exactly what to pray, you can pray thanking the Lord that He intercedes on your behalf.
- “When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.” Revelation 8:1-2