Talks for Growing Christians
The First Six Seals of the Scroll Opened by the Lamb of God
Lesson Number 7
- The seven seals represent judgments of the Tribulation Period.
a. The first seal involves cold war.
b. The second seal involves open warfare.
c. The third seal involves famine.
d. The fourth seal involves much death.
e. The fifth seal involves martyred saints.
f. The sixth seal involves cosmic and geologic disturbances.
- Believe God’s Word now or face God’s wrath later.
- What does the seven-sealed scroll represent? Who alone can open this scroll?
- How does our Lord’s Olivet Discourse in Matthew 24-25 relate to Revelation 6?
- Who is the rider on the white horse in Revelation 6:2?
- What is the meaning of Revelation 6:8?
- How does the scene of John’s vision change with the fifth seal?
- The scroll was symbolic of God’s judgment to come upon this earth in the future Tribulation period. The Lord Jesus Christ, the Lion of Judah, is the only One worthy to open this scroll of judgment.
- Our Lord’s prophecy in Matthew has many parallels with the scroll judgments here. In Matthew 24:29, the Lord describes these events as happening in the Great Tribulation.
- This is not the Lord, who rides on a white horse in Revelation 19. On the contrary, this first horseman of the Apocalypse is the notorious world leader who first appears as a man of peace.
- A fourth of the earth’s remaining population will be killed under this seal of judgment, through more war, famine, plagues, and wild animals.
- In the fifth seal John saw under an altar in heaven the souls of believers who have been martyred during the Tribulation.
- Review each of the seven seal judgments. This will all literally take place. Does it strengthen your faith to think of God’s hand working so clearly to bring about His will?
- Political power, military might, or wealth will not protect anyone from the wrath of God to come. Have you been trying to hide from God? Turn to Him now, before it is too late.
- “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Revelation 6:10
- “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?” Revelation 6:16-17