Talks for Growing Christians
John is Caught up into Heaven and Sees the Throne of God
Lesson Number 5
- In Revelation 4 the Rapture of the Church is implied.
- In Revelation 4 the throne of God is presented.
- Praise the Lord, for the Sea of Glass like crystal.
- Recall the basic outline of John’s Revelation.
- How does Revelation 4 fit into this outline?
- According to the pretribulational view, what is the next event on God’s prophetic calendar?
- How is the Rapture of the Church implied in Revelation 4?
- What does the emerald around the throne symbolize?
- The things which are; The things which shall be hereafter (Revelation 1:19)
- This chapter is the transition to events which will be in the future. Specifically, chapters 4-19 cover the Tribulation period.
- The Rapture – the Lord’s return for His Church, followed by the 7 year Tribulation period.
- John is suddenly transported to heaven and the Church is in heaven preparing for the Marriage of the Lamb.
- That God keeps His covenants with His people forever.
- Compare the vision of the four living creatures here to the cherubim in Ezekiel 10 and the seraphim in Isaiah 6. Cherubim and Seraphim are classes of high ranking angels.
- Read the praises given to God in verses 8 and 11. What praises do these inspire in your heart?
- In heaven we will find a sea of glass like crystal. This is not a sea that can get stormy and dangerous; this sea of glass portrays undisturbed peace forever. Look forward to that peace to come.
- “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.” Revelation 4:1
- “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!” Revelation 4:8
- “You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created.” Revelation 4:11