Talks for Growing Christians
The New Jerusalem Described, and Closing Warnings and Exhortations
Lesson Number 25
- Decisions now determine your eternal destiny.
- Service now determines your eternal reward.
- Don’t determine your own doctrines.
- Do desire the Lord’s Return.
- Give an outline of Revelation for review.
- What is the history of the Tree of Life?
- Why was the prophet Daniel told to seal up his prophecy until the End Times (Daniel 12), whereas John is told (verse 10) not to seal up the prophecy of Revelation?
- What does it mean to “add to” or “take away from the words of this book”?
- What should your response be to the Lord’s promise that He is coming quickly?
- - Revelation 1-3: The Apostle John’s vision of the Lord standing in the midst of the seven churches of Asia, and the Lord’s message to these churches.
- Revelation 4-19: The judgments that will take place on this earth during the future seven year Tribulation Period.
- Revelation 19: The return of the Lord in judgment at the end of the Tribulation Period.
- Revelation 20: The millennial kingdom of Christ on this earth when Satan will be bound and believers will reign with Christ for 1,000 years.
- Revelation 21-22: A description of the New Heavens and New Earth in the Eternal State.
- The Tree of Life was off limits to mankind after Adam and Eve sinned. Now we have paradise regained and the Tree of Life is available at all times in the Eternal State.
- Because more prophecy was to come in Daniel’s day, but now biblical prophecy has been completed with the book of Revelation.
- This would include writing new Scripture or omitting Scripture you did not like. This also includes teaching some false doctrine, which cannot be backed up by Scripture.
- “Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus”
- Discuss the meaning of Revelation 22:11. There is coming a time when it will be too late to change. Hell is eternal and those in Hell will not and cannot change. There is no second chance. Do you know anyone (perhaps yourself) who is postponing the decision of salvation for various reasons. Don’t wait until it’s too late!
- We have come to the end of our study of Revelation. What was the most interesting thing you learned in this study? What was the most impactful thing?
- Do you desire the Lord’s Return? Pray that you will have the attitude of John, and earnestly desire the Lord’s Return.
- “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:12
- “And the Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And let him who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.” Revelation 22:17
- “He who testifies to these things says, ‘Surely I am coming quickly.’ Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!” Revelation 22:20