Talks for Growing Christians
The Return of the Lord to this Earth with the Armies of Heaven
Lesson Number 22
- When the Lord returns, the nations will be judged and ruled with a rod of iron.
- When the Lord returns, the beast and the false prophet will be thrown into Hell.
- Remember to tell people that God is holy as well as God is love.
- What important event occurred in heaven before the Return of the Lord, recorded here?
- Is the rider on the white horse in verse 11 the same as the rider on the white horse in Revelation 6?
- Why do the armies of the world gather together in the Jezreel Valley of Israel?
- Should we be adamant about the details of the Lord’s Return?
- The Marriage Supper of the Lamb
- No! Under the first seal judgment of Revelation 6 the first horseman of the apocalypse is the false world leader, the Roman beast with the number 666. Here in Revelation 19 the rider is the Lord Himself, the Faithful and True Word of God.
- This is the staging area for what the enemy armies believe will be the conquering of Jerusalem, but they do not know that the Lord Himself will return and defeat them.
- No, the exact scenario of the precise sequencing of all the details associated with our Lord’s Return is not that easy to put together. There is room for discussion because a number of Scriptures must be harmonized.
- Many Christians emphasize that God is love much more than that God is holy. How do you think this has affected society’s view of God? Do you think Christians are sometimes embarrassed to talk about the holiness of God and the doctrine of hell? What should our attitude be about speaking of hell to unbelievers?
- Remember to tell people that you come into contact with this week that God is holy as well as God is love.
- “Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.” Revelation 19:11
- “Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.” Revelation 19:20