Talks for Growing Christians
Four Great Hallelujahs in Heaven, and The Marriage Supper of the Lamb
Lesson Number 21
- The Second Coming of Christ will be preceded by loud hallelujahs in heaven.
- The Second Coming of Christ will be preceded by the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in Heaven.
- Let’s understand the purpose of prophecy.
- Revelation 19 begins with the phrase, “After these things.” After what things?
- So when will the important events in this section take place?
- What does “Hallelujah” mean?
- Who are the three groups in this passage that praise the Lord by proclaiming “Hallelujah”?
- How will the bride “make herself ready” for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb?
- The overthrow of Babylon the Great – the false religious and commercial system of the last days (Revelation 17-18)
- At the end of the Tribulation Period, right before the Second Coming of Christ
- Hallelujah is Hebrew for “Praise the Lord.”
- - The martyrs of the Tribulation Period
- The 24 elders and the 4 living creatures
- All of heaven
- Before the Marriage Supper, believers from the Church Age will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be rewarded for their good deeds of Christian service. These righteous acts will contribute to the beautiful garment of the bride.
- Discuss why the Church does not include all believers of all time. The Church began at Pentecost and was raptured home to heaven before the Tribulation Period began. The Church is the body and bride of Christ. What other groups of believers will be invited to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb?
- The purpose of prophecy is to show how Christ is the focal point of history. We should not study prophecy just to know the future or be captivated by end-time scenarios. All of God’s plans for a fallen world center on the glorification of Christ as the Savior of the world. Have you seen this from your study of Revelation?
- Hallelujah, Praise the Lord! Look for something today that will prompt you to praise the Lord.
- “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” Revelation 19:6-7
- “And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, ‘See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God!’” Revelation 19:10