Talks for Growing Christians
The Fall Commercial End-Time Babylon
Lesson Number 20
- The destruction of commercial Babylon will result in great weeping.
- The destruction of commercial Babylon will result in great rejoicing.
- Don’t see your investment go up in smoke!
- Give a brief definition of “Babylon” as used in the book of Revelation.
- What do the birds represent in Revelation 18:2?
- When will the destruction of Babylon as a religious system take place? When will the overthrow of Babylon as the great economic and commercial system occur?
- Why will the kings and merchants of the earth weep over the destruction of Babylon?
- What is the timeframe of “the Times of the Gentiles” (Luke 21:24)?
- Babylon is the one world religion and one world government of the end times; the name refers to both the city and the system.
- The birds represent false religious sects and cults including the occult (see Matthew 13).
- Religious Babylon will be overthrown in the middle of the Tribulation Period. Commercial Babylon will be judged at the end of the Tribulation Period, under the seventh bowl judgment.
- Because their source of wealth and profit is gone
- The Times of the Gentiles began with Babylon’s invasion of Jerusalem under Nebuchadnezzar in 605 BC. The Times of the Gentiles will end with the destruction of Babylon at the end of the Tribulation Period, just before the Lord returns.
- Babylon is the evil system that began back at the Tower of Babel when people turned away from God to make a name for themselves. This is the evil system of world religion and world politics that persecuted and killed the saints throughout history. In one hour this evil system will be overthrown by our mighty God. What response does this evoke in you?
- When the people witness the destruction of end time Babylon, they will weep because their investments will be going up in smoke. How are you sending your investments ahead by using them for the Lord? Everything else will go up in smoke.
- “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!” Revelation 18:2
- “Alas, alas, that great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate.” Revelation 18:19
- “Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you holy apostles and prophets, for God has avenged you on her!” Revelation 18:20