Talks for Growing Christians
The Overthrow of Religious Babylon of the End Times
Lesson Number 19
- Religious Babylon is the false religious system of the end times.
- Religious Babylon will be overthrown by the beast of the end times.
- Can you find yourself in Revelation 17?
- What does “Babylon” refer to in the book of Revelation?
- Is the Babylon of Revelation 17-18 the literal city of Babylon on the Euphrates River?
- How is the false religious system of the end times portrayed? How does this contrast to the true Church?
- Who is the beast in this chapter?
- Why do the ten horns or kings of the Revived Roman Empire hate the harlot, Babylon?
- Babylon is the word used for the one-world religion and one world government of the end times. Revelation 17 addresses the religious side of end-time Babylon, and chapter 18 addresses the commercial side.
- Since ancient Babylon was the focus of the total culture of world religion and commerce against the one true God, it is certainly possible that this ancient city will be restored in the end times. Or end time Babylon could simply be symbolic of world religion and commerce against God. In this case, the literal city of Revelation 17:18 would probably be Rome.
- The false religious system is portrayed as a prostitute; the true Church is the bride of Christ.
- This beast is the same as the first beast of Revelation 13. This is the 666 character of the Revived Roman Empire.
- Because she has control over them, as represented by Babylon riding the beast. But the beast is ultimately able to overthrow Babylon, the great religious system of the end times, and make her desolate.
- Think of all the evil that has been done in the name of false religion throughout human history. Satan is delighted when false religion leads people away from the true way of salvation.
- The details of this prophecy can be complicated and possibly confusing. Review what you have learned in this lesson. Religious Babylon will be overthrown by the beast of the end times. And praise the Lord, the beast also will be overthrown – by the Lord Himself.
- If you are a believer, you are called, chosen, and faithful.
- “I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.” Revelation 17:6
“These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.” Revelation 17:14