Talks for Growing Christians
Events During and at the End of the Great Tribulation Period
Lesson Number 16
- The 144,000 are the first fruits from the Tribulation Period.
- The eternal gospel will be preached during the Tribulation Period.
- The fall of Babylon will take place at the end of the Tribulation Period.
- The eternal punishment of Hell will be the destiny of those who worship the beast in the Tribulation Period.
- The final harvest and vintage will conclude the Tribulation Period.
- Will you rest from your labors?
- What did we learn about the 144,000 in Revelation 7?
- Why are the 144,000 called the “first fruits”?
- What role will Babylon play in end-time events?
- What is the harvest of grain in Revelation 14?
- What is the vintage of the grapes in Revelation 14?
- These 144,000 are Jewish believers of the Tribulation Period, 12,000 from each tribe of Israel. They are probably evangelists spreading the gospel of the kingdom worldwide, and they are sealed and protected from death during their time of service. These people are not the Church, which is in heaven during the Tribulation Period.
- Other Jewish and Gentile believers will also live through the Tribulation Period to enter alive into the Millennial Kingdom of Christ, but the 144,000 are the first.
- End-time Babylon will be the center of the one world religion and the one world government of the last days. We read more about the judgment of Babylon in Revelation 17-18.
- The harvest of grain probably corresponds to Matthew 13:30 – the separation of the wheat and the tares at the end of the age.
- The vine of the earth commonly refers to the nation of Israel in Scripture. In the last days a great number of Jewish people will turn to the Lord (Romans 11). Zechariah 13:9 teaches that this will be one-third of the nation. The other two-thirds of the nation who continue to reject Jesus as the Messiah will be cut off and judged.
- “The gospel has always been a response in faith to the one true God.” Discuss how this is true in Old Testament times, now in the Church Age, and in the future Tribulation Period.
- The doctrine of Hell is not a pleasant doctrine, but it is a truth which is critical to the justice of God. Hell is a place of eternal punishment for the damned. It is not annihilation of the damned, and there is no escape from Hell. Discuss why this is an important doctrine.
- Will you rest from your labors when you meet the Lord? You can’t rest from your labors if you haven’t labored! Your works can’t follow you for reward if you haven’t worked or done anything. Will you rest from your labors?
- “Behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads.” Revelation 14:1
- “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.” Revelation 14:9-10