Talks for Growing Christians
The Second Beast Comes Up Out of the Earth
Lesson Number 15
- The beast out of the earth is the false prophet.
- The beast out of the earth may be the Antichrist.
- Don’t be deceived by signs and wonders.
- Review what you learned about the first beast in this chapter.
- Review the foundation for the Revived Roman Empire.
- Who are the members of the evil trinity?
- What will be the consequence for those who do not take the mark of the beast?
- How are the first and second beast related?
- The beast comes up out of the sea, which likely represents the sea of Gentile nations. This first beast represents an end-time political ruler who will head up the Revived Roman Empire of the last days.
- The prophetic visions in Daniel 2 and 7 are similar to descriptions of the first beast here in Revelation. It is clear from Daniel that this beast represents Rome. This beast with its ten horns will continue until the time of the end, and the Lord Himself will conquer the beast when He sets up His kingdom on this earth. We refer to the end-time stage of this beast as the Revived Roman Empire.
- The first beast, the second beast, and the dragon
- They will not be able to buy or sell. Ultimately it will show they did not have allegiance to the beast.
- The first beast gives authority to the second beast, and the second beast directs worship to the first beast.
- The second beast of Revelation 13 is called the false prophet because he directs worship to the first beast. Discuss the supernatural signs he will perform. What is the source of his power? Why are people so easily deceived by supernatural signs?
- Is the first or second beast of Revelation 13 the Antichrist? Both of the beasts are antichrist (against Christ), but either one could be the Antichrist. Discuss the various reasons given.\
- Be cautious of those who claim power to perform signs and wonders. Remember what the Lord said in Matthew 7:21-23.
- “And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived.” Revelation 13:14
- “Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.” Revelation 13:18