Talks for Growing Christians
The Protection and Deliverance of the Godly Remnant of Jewish People
Lesson Number 13
- The woman with child represents Israel.
- The dragon with seven heads represents Satan.
- Thank the Lord that our accuser is no match for our Advocate.
- What vision in the previous chapter symbolized the truth that God has not forgotten His covenant with His people Israel?
- Who does the woman in this vision represent? Who does the child represent?
- Why is this woman not a representation of the Church or the Virgin Mary?
- What happens when Satan and his fallen angels rebel against Michael, the holy arch angel, and his angelic forces? When does this rebellion occur?
- What is Satan’s plan of action following his rebellion?
- John saw the Ark of the Covenant through the open doors of the temple in heaven.
- The woman represents the nation of Israel; the child is the Lord Jesus Christ Himself
- The Church will be in heaven with the Lord during the Tribulation Period. The description of the woman being persecuted and fleeing into the wilderness does not fit the Virgin Mary.
- Satan and his angels are defeated and they are thrown out of the heavenly realms down to this earth. We believe this will occur at the middle of the Tribulation Period, at the beginning of the Great Tribulation.
- Knowing that he only has a short time, Satan persecutes the nation of Israel, especially the godly remnant of Jewish believers.
- “God has not thrown out His promises to the Jewish people.” Why is this such an important theological truth? What can this teach us about the character of our God?
- Satan is called “the accuser of the brethren.” Discuss how he accuses all believers before God day and night. Now read and rejoice over 1 John 2:1. The Lord is our Advocate. He gave His own life to declare us righteous.
- The next time you feel weighed down by Satan’s accusations over your past sins, thank the Lord that our accuser is no match for our Advocate.
- “She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.” Revelation 12:5
- “And the Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And let him who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.” Revelation 22:17