Talks for Growing Christians
The Tribulation Temple, The Two Witnesses, & The Seventh Trumpet
Lesson Number 12
- There are two temples to be built on this earth in the future.
- There are two witness to appear on this earth in the future.
- Remember, you are immortal until your work on earth is over.
- What were the three woes pronounced on those who dwell on the earth (Revelation 8:13)?
- How long is 42 months? How long is 1260 days?
- Does verse 19 mean that the actual Ark of the Covenant resides in heaven?
- Name the two temples to be built on this earth in the future.
- Who are these two witnesses? List the various suggestions.
- The three woes are the last three trumpet judgments. The sounding of the seventh trumpet brings us to the end of the Tribulation Period and the beginning of Christ’s earthly kingdom.
- 42 months is the last 3 1\2 years of the Tribulation Period, often called the Great Tribulation. 1260 days is 3 1\2 years calculating with a 30 day Hebrew month.
- Probably not; the Ark of the Covenant signifies God’s loyal presence among His people. The meaning of the Ark seen in the Temple of God is heaven is that the way into God’s presence is now open (Hebrews 10:19) and God’s covenant with Israel has not been forgotten.
- One Temple will be built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, possibly even before the Rapture. This Tribulation Temple will be defiled by the Abomination of Desolation. There will be another Temple in Jerusalem during the 1000 year earthly kingdom of Christ. You can read about this Millennial Temple in Ezekiel 40-48.
- 1) They are two powerful leaders of the 144,000 Jewish evangelists, witnessing in the spirit and power of Moses and Elijah.
2) They are literally Moses and Elijah, based on predictions that Elijah would precede the Messiah.
3) They are literally Elijah and Enoch, because these two Old Testament saints never died.
- Discuss what you know about the history of the Tabernacle and Temples from Old Testament times until now. How do you think the Jewish public will respond to a rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem?
- The two witnesses were martyred after they finished their testimony. They were immortal as long as they had work to do. The same is true of us; discuss what this does and does not mean.
- Read Psalm 2, understanding its context is praise to God that the time has finally come for the judgment of the damned and the reward of the righteous.
- “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there.” Revelation 11:1
- “And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.” Revelation 11:3
- “We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.” Revelation 11:17