Talks for Growing Christians
The Establishment of the Lord's Righteous Throne Forever
Lesson Number 6
- The righteous throne of God will be established forever.
- The unrighteous triumphs of men will be eliminated forever.
- Take heart, the days of the terrorists are numbered.
- What is the Septuagint?
- What type of psalm are Psalms 9 and 10?
- List several reasons Psalms 9 and 10 naturally go together.
- What are the marvelous works for which David praises God?
- What is a “theodicy”?
- It is the Greek translation of the Old Testament.
- They are alphabetic acrostic psalms. Together they contain two verses for each of the letters of the Hebrew alphabet (except a few letters that are skipped in the middle).
- -They are combined in the Septuagint.
-Together they form an alphabetic acrostic.
-Psalm 10 does not have its own title, because it naturally ties to Psalm 9.
- They are God’s marvelous works of destroying the wicked, conquering the enemy, and setting up His righteous throne.
- A theodicy is a vindication of God in the face of the existence of evil. That is what David is looking for in Psalm 10. He wants to know “why” many things are as they are.
- Read through Psalm 9 and identify where David praises God for past, present, and future deliverance.
- Do you ever want to ask God “why” as David does in Psalm 10? It is not wrong to ask these questions. Find the answer that David comes to beginning in verse 12.
- Ultimately only the return of the Lord will put an end to all terrorism. Be encouraged that His return is getting closer. The days of the terrorists are numbered.
- "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10
- "But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief, To repay it by Your hand. The helpless commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless." Psalms 10:14