Talks for Growing Christians
Israel Exhorts all Nations to bring Praise to the Lord
Lesson Number 49
- In the future, Israel will be the chosen people they were meant to be.
- In the future, Israel will be a channel of blessing to all people.
- Be careful about bargaining with God.
- Learn the secret for getting your prayers heard.
- Be a channel of blessing!
- What was God’s purpose in choosing Israel?
- When will Israel be restored to her purposeful role?
- What miracles are referred to in Psalm 66:6?
- What type of psalm is Psalm 67?
- Why had this psalm been called “Israel’s missionary psalm”?
- For them to be a kingdom of priests and a nation that was a light to all the other nations
- During the earthly kingdom of our Lord, which follows the future Tribulation Period, Israel will lead the nations of the earth in worship and praise to the Lord for His wonderful works.
- The crossing of the Red Sea at the Exodus and the drying up of the Jordan River
- Like Psalm 66, Psalm 67 is a thanksgiving song. It was meant to be put to music and used in worship.
- In this psalm Israel prays for God’s blessing so that they can be a witness to the nations of God’s salvation.
- Discuss why Psalm 66:4 and innumerable other scriptures require that God’s promises be fulfilled in a literally, political, earthly kingdom.
- We see in Psalm 67 that restored Israel will be a channel of blessing to the whole earth in the future. Israel prays that this will be so. Have you ever prayed to e a channel of blessing for others? We pray for blessing on ourselves and our families, but what would it look like for you to be a channel of blessing to others?
- According to Psalm 66:16-20, the secret to getting your prayers heard is a pure heart. The Lord will not listen to your prayers if you’re hiding some sin in your heart. Confess to God and He will give you a pure heart and hear your prayers.
- “Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! Sing out the honor of His name; make His praise glorious.” Psalm 66:1-2
- “Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul.” Psalm 66:16
- “God be merciful to us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us.” Psalm 67:1