Talks for Growing Christians
Universal Acknowledgement of The Lord
Lesson Number 105
- The Lord should be praised from the heavens and from the earth.
- The Lord should be praised with our lips and with our lives.
- The Lord should be praised in quiet meditation and in loud celebration.
- Praise the Lord if you’re still breathing!
- For your everything need, there’s a psalm to read and heed.
- These psalms are part of what subsection of the book of Psalms?
- How can the sun, moon, and stars praise the Lord (Psalm 148:3)?
- In what particular way did the psalmist exhort the people to praise the Lord with their lives in Psalm 149?
- When will the judgment of Psalm 149 take place?
- Psalms 146-150 are known as the Last Hallel. Hallel is the Hebrew word for praise; hallelujah means “Praise the Lord.” Each of these last 5 psalms begins and ends with “Praise the Lord.”
- When anything that God created functions in the way that God designed it to function, it brings glory and thus praise to the Creator.
- By carrying out the Lord’s judgment on the nations
- In context this specifically refers to the future earthly kingdom of our Lord when the Lord will judge the nations and rule the nations with a rod of iron (Revelation 19:15). At that time restored Israel will sing a new song and rule and reign with Christ.
- In Psalm 148 we notice that the Creator is to be worshipped, and not the things He has created. The next time you are outside enjoying God’s wonderful creation, be sure your thoughts don’t just stop there – turn your praise to the One who made all of nature.
- Psalm 150 shows us that the Lord can be praised in quiet meditation as well as in loud celebration. Discuss times in your life when these different styles have seemed more fitting. The Lord can be praised in many ways!
- Through our study of the book of Psalms, we have seen that the Psalms cover every area of life and can bring hope, encouragement, strength, and comfort. Continue studying the psalms – there is wisdom here for a lifetime!
- “Let them praise the name of the LORD, for His name alone is exalted; His glory is above the earth and heaven.” Psalm 148:13
- “For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation.” Psalm 149:4
- “Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!” Psalm 150:6