Talks for Growing Christians
Praise to the Lord for His Mighty Deliverance
Lesson Number 78
- Believers should praise the Lord for His deliverance.
- Believers should praise the Lord for His providence.
- Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
- Review the divisions of the book of Psalms.
- What does verse 3 indicate about the timing of this psalm?
- Outline the four examples of deliverance the psalmist describes in verses 4-32.
- How abundantly did the Lord provide for His people when He delivered them from the wilderness wanderings?
- Give a definition of providence
- Book 1 – Psalm 1-41 Book 2 – Psalm 42-72 Book 3 – Psalm 73-89 Book 4 – Psalm 90-106 Book 5 – Psalm 107-150
- This verse would seem to indicate that this psalm was written after the Babylonian captivity when the Lord had regathered the Jewish captives from all directions and brought them back to the land. It is also prophetic of the godly remnant that will be restored in the future.
- Deliverance from wandering (verses 4-9) Deliverance from captivity (verses 10-16) Deliverance from sickness (verses 17-22) Deliverance from the storm (verses 23-32)
- He provided so abundantly that He gave them well stocked and established cities to meet their needs (Deuteronomy 6:10-11)
- Providence is divine guidance and care.
- Psalm 107 describes the Lord’s deliverance of His people. In what way has the Lord delivered you? Choose a verse from verses 4-32 of this psalm that describes your attitude to the Lord for His deliverance.
- God’s providence, His guidance and care, is sometimes very dramatic and sometimes very subtle. Tell of God’s greatest providence thus far in your life. Tell of God’s providence for you this week.
- Are you open to sharing your testimony with others of how the Lord has delivered you? Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
- “Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy.” Psalm 107:2
- “For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.” Psalm 107:9
- “Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!” Psalm 107:31