Talks for Growing Christians
The Biblical Procedure for Coming to Unity
Lesson Number 18
- There is a biblical procedure for attaining unity.
- Write up a positive think list for your fellow believers.
- Can we say, “Not only do as I say, but also do as I do”?
- To whom was Paul specifically speaking concerning healing the disunity in the Philippian church?
- What did Paul implore them to do?
- What would happen if the rift was not healed?
- List the five-step biblical procedure for attaining unity.
- What is God’s promise for believers who pray for other believers?
- Euodia and Syntyche
- To be of the same mind in the Lord
- It would grow deeper, possibly causing a split in the church fellowship
- a. rejoice together with fellow believers
b. sing songs of praise with fellow believers
c. forebear with fellow believers
d. pray with thanksgiving with fellow believers
e. think positively about fellow believers
- That they will have a peace of heart and mind to keep them from anxiety
- Do you have the peace of God that guards your heart and mind from anxiety? If not, why not?
- Write up a positive think-list for your fellow believers.
- “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6