Talks for Growing Christians
Revival, Renewal & Blessing
Lesson Number 23
- Any renewal or revival of God’s people will be centered around the Bible.
- Do you want revival and renewal in your own life?
- Do you want revival and renewal in your family?
- Do you want revival and renewal in your church?
- What was the occasion for the people to gather in Jerusalem (see Leviticus 23.23-25).
- What can you recall about Ezra?
- What is the core or center for any revival or renewal of God’s people?
- In this passage, there are four things that showed the great appreciation that people had for the Word of God. What are they?
- What is a danger signal of spiritual trouble ahead for individuals and for churches?
- The Feast of Trumpets.
- Ezra was a scribe who returned to Jerusalem about thirteen years before Nehemiah returned. He was a great spiritual leader, motivating the people to set their hearts right before God.
- The Word of God
- They were united in wanting to hear the word of God; they listened from daybreak until noon; they were attentive; they stood the whole time the word was read to them.
- A stronger emphasis on spiritual experiences, feelings, and spiritual highs than on hearing, studying, and following the Word of God.
- Do you have the kind of appreciation for the Word of God that these people had? How do you evidence this in your life?
- Did you have family devotions when you were growing up? If so, of what value are they in your life today? If not, how do you think they would have helped you? Do you have family devotions now, with everyone participating?
- Do you read the Bible every day as necessary spiritual food? Do you set aside time to be quiet before the Lord? Resolve today to do this faithfully, to seek His will for your life and to walk in the way that He has set before you.
- “All the people were attentive to the Book of the Law.” Nehemiah 8:3