Talks for Growing Christians
Lesson Number 34
- The work of the Lord suffers when it is not supported by the Lord’s people.
- Spiritual leaders must take corrective steps to prevent repeated failures.
- Always work towards preventing a problem from repeating itself.
- Let’s get our giving corrected once and for all.
- The Book of Nehemiah is an historical novel. True or false?
- Why did Nehemiah return to Jerusalem after he had gone back to Persia?
- How is the work of the Lord to be supported?
- What happens
when the work of the Lord is not supported?
when the work of the Lord is supported?
- Is it enough just to correct a problem?
- What did Nehemiah do to correct the problem, and to make sure that it didn’t happen again? What must spiritual leaders do to prevent repeated failures?
- Which prophet, a contemporary of Nehemiah, speaks of giving?
- False. It is a true account of actual historical events.
- To resume his governorship and to set things in order.
- By the Lord’s people
- a. Christian workers are forced to return to secular employment rather than giving full time to their area of ministry, and the work suffers.
b. The work of the Lord goes forward. Missions flourish, both at home and abroad, and churches move ahead spiritually.
- No. Further steps must be taken to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Nehemiah appointed treasurers, faithful men, and assured a system of checks and balances. Leaders today must show strong, godly leadership. They must utilize biblical discipline and establish accountability to prevent repeated failures.
- Malachi. See Malachi 3:10.
- The focal points of commitment became the focal points of failure in Nehemiah’s day. Does this sound like present day churches?
- In Nehemiah’s day, Christian workers were not being supported by the congregation. Is this a problem today? What can you do about it?
- It is not just enough to correct a problem, but further steps must be taken to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Are you aware of a problem in your church? What could you do to correct it? Review Acts 6 to see how a problem in a local church was solved.
- “Bring in the whole tithe…I will open the floodgates of heaven and pour out much blessing.” Malachi 3:10