Talks for Growing Christians
Dedication of the Wall
Lesson Number 32
- God is pleased when believers dedicate their projects to Him.
- Let’s dedicate our projects to the Lord.
- List some of the people that Nehemiah appointed to dedicate the wall.
- Which two men led the two companies in thanksgiving?
- Jerusalem’s wall today is on a 3,000 year old foundation, starting with Solomon’s day. In order, who were the people/groups involved in building Jerusalem’s walls?
- Can you still see some parts of the wall that were rebuilt in Nehemiah’s day?
- What is a “project?” Is it biblical to dedicate your projects to the Lord?
- What was the occasion for the “noise heard afar off?”
- Were others affected by the joy of Jerusalem?
- Thanksgiving choirs, companies that were giving thanks, priests, and the people.
- Ezra and Nehemiah
- Solomon, Nehemiah, Herod, the Crusaders, the Ottoman Empire and the Turks
- Yes, you can still see sections of Nehemiah’s wall and Hezekiah’s Broad Wall
- A project, as defined in this lesson, is all that we do (like buying a car or a house, starting a business, engaging in sports or other activities, or whatever occupies us). It is biblical to dedicate projects, but be sure they are fully and truthfully dedicated.
- The dedication of the wall
- Yes. Read Nehemiah 12:43.
- When the wall was dedicated, the joy was heard by all. When your projects are completed, can your joy be heard “afar off”? Are others blessed?
- Do you know someone who has dedicated his dearest projects and possessions to the Lord? Is his joy known to others?
- List some of the projects in your life. Have you consciously dedicated any, some or all of your projects and possessions to be used by the Lord? What is God’s response when you dedicate your projects to Him?
- “That day they offered great sacrifices, and rejoiced…with great joy.” Nehemiah 12:43