Talks for Growing Christians
The Good News of Israel’s Future
Lesson Number 4
- The Lord will restore and renew the peace of Israel.
- The Lord will rescue and redeem the people of Israel.
- Let prophecy change your character.
- Refer to the phrase “latter days” in Micah 4:1. When are the latter days?
- In the same verse, is the Lord’s house the church today?
- When the Lord returns and sets up His kingdom here on earth where will He have His headquarters?
- When the Lord returns and sets up His kingdom on this earth, what will that kingdom be known as?
- Micah predicts four events which would have to take place before the realization of the restored godly remnant and the glorious kingdom of the last days. List these four events.
- This refers to the time of the Lord’s second coming.
- No. It is the temple that will be rebuilt in Jerusalem in the future when the Lord returns.
- In Jerusalem, which will become the capital of the world.
- The Millennial Kingdom of Christ, because it will last 1,000 years. See Revelation 20:1.
- The four events:
a. the Jews would go as captives to Babylon,
b. the Jews would return from their captivity in Babylon,
c. many nations will be gathered against Israel, and
d. Israel will be victorious.
- ”They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks.” Micah 4:3.
This verse is inscribed on the entrance to the United Nations as an incentive for peace, but it will not be fulfilled by the U.N It will only be fulfilled when the Lord returns and sets up His kingdom on this earth.
The Lord alone is the prince of peace. The Lord will restore and renew the peace of Israel. Peace will extend beyond Jerusalem and the restored nation of Israel to the whole world. Can you imagine a world
like this? He will make it happen.
- In Micah 4:6-8, there is a promise and a prediction that the Lord will rescue and bring back a godly remnant to the land of Israel and make them a strong nation. Then the times of the Gentiles will have run their course. See Luke 21:24.
- Review the four events which would have to take place before the realization of the restored godly remnant and the glorious kingdom of the last days. (See answer #5)
- What is your response to the study of prophecy? The study of prophecy should change your character. When we realize what’s going to take place in the future, we should be motivated now to serve the Lord more faithfully. All our material possessions and earthly interests will mean nothing then. Let’s wisely use our time and talent and treasure now.
- “Now it shall come to pass in the last days that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it.” Micah 4:1
- “Many nations shall come and say, ‘Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths.” Micah 4:2
- “They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation…” Micah 4:3
- “…we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.” Micah 4:5
- “Now many nations have gathered against you…but they do not know the thoughts of the Lord…” Micah 4:11-12