Talks for Growing Christians
The First Section of our Lord’s "Olivet Discourse"
Lesson Number 64
- There will be a beginning to the Tribulation.
- There will be an end to the Tribulation.
- Don’t be misled by false teachers.
- When did the Lord’s prediction in Matthew 24:2 come true?
- Is the Wailing Wall an exception to our Lord’s prediction that “not one stone here shall be left upon another” ?
- Is Matthew 24:9 a prediction for the Church?
- What events signal the beginning of the future Tribulation Period?
- What is “the end” referred to in Matthew 24:14?
- The Romans conquered Jerusalem in 70 A.D. and destroyed the beautiful Jewish Temple and surrounding buildings.
- No, the western Wailing Wall was not a part of the original Temple compound. It is a wall around the platform on which the Temple was built.
- No, this woe will occur for believers during the future Tribulation Period.
- The Rapture of the Church (1 Corinthians 15, 1 Thessalonians 4) and the signing of a seven-year covenant between Israel and a coalition of western nations under the leadership of a strong political leader (Daniel 9).
- This is the end of this present age, which culminates with the Tribulation Period. After this Tribulation the Lord will return to this earth to establish His Millennial Kingdom.
- Discuss the difference between tribulation for believers and the Tribulation Period. Believers today surely go through times of trial and tribulation. But a future Tribulation Period is coming that will be unlike anything before it. Will today’s believers suffer in that future Tribulation Period?
- Many people will be deceived by false teachers during the Tribulation Period. Even today, many believers fall for clever false doctrine. Discuss ways to safeguard against such deception. The best way is to know the Word of God thoroughly for yourself.
- The doctrine of the future Tribulation Period is unknown to many believers. With diligence and study you can understand this important biblical doctrine. Follow the example of the disciples and seek to understand, “When will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” (Matthew 24:3)
- “When will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” Matthew 24:3
- “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.” Matthew 24:9