Talks for Growing Christians
Two Miracles of Our Lord: Healing Sickness and Raising the Dead
Lesson Number 22
- The touch of faith is different than the touch of curiosity.
- Man is dead and dying apart from Christ.
- Don't let trembling stop you from testifying.
- Don't forget the follow-up food.
- Had the woman with the bleeding problem sought medical attention?
- Did the woman touch Jesus out of curiosity, superstition or faith?
- Why did the woman tremble? Did the Lord Jesus rebuke her?
- Who was Jairus? How were Jesus' miracles personalized in Jairus' life?
- How do you think Jairus felt when Jesus stopped to heal the woman? How would you have felt under these circumstances?
- Who were the mourners, and what did they do concerning Jesus?
- Had the girl really died?
- What does it mean, "Man is dead and dying apart from Christ?"
- She had paid out much to the medical profession during her twelve years of suffering. See Mark 5:25-26 and Luke 8:43-44.
- The crowd was touching out of curiosity, but the woman out of faith.
- Because she thought she had made Jesus uncomfortable, fear of being found out, or the even the miraculous healing itself. See Mark 5:34 for Jesus' response to her.
- One of the Synagogue officials, an important man in the community. Jairus likely saw healings and miracles of the Lord, but now it was his only daughter who needed a miracle.
- Probably there was anxiety, but trust. What would be your response in such a situation?
- They were professional mourners, who mocked Jesus when He said that the girl was asleep.
- Yes. This was to show that the Lord had power over death.
- This little girl pictures spiritual death; the woman pictures physical death, with her life ebbing away. Because of sin, we are spiritually dead.
- Why does God allow tragedy to come into our lives? When tragedy comes, can you respond according to Mark 5:36?
- What is the reality of Christ in your life? What has He done for you? Do you find it difficult to share this with others? If so, why?
- Tell someone this week what Christ has done for you.
- "Jesus said to her, 'Your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.' Jesus said to him, 'Do not be afraid; only believe." (Mark 5:34, 36)