Talks for Growing Christians
Mark 3:22-30Jesus Is Wrongly Accused
Lesson Number 14
- Demons are in Satan's kingdom, but Satan is a defeated foe.
- Can the unpardonable sin be committed today? (No and Yes).
- Let's be patient and logical in our witness.
- Don't be surprised if the world misinterprets our motives.
- Why did the scribes accuse Jesus of being empowered by Beelzebub? Who was Beelzebub? Who were the scribes?
- Did the scribes deny the miracles of Jesus?
- How did Jesus respond to their accusation?
- Who is in the kingdom of Satan?
- Was Satan an angel?
- What is the unpardonable sin? Where are those who committed the unpardonable sin? Is there an unpardonable sin today?
- Did people misinterpret the Lord's motives?
- The scribes accused Jesus in order to escape the obvious conclusion that Jesus was the promised Messiah. Beelzebub is another name for Satan. The scribes from Jerusalem were the teachers of the law, the theologians, and they were self-righteous. See Mark 3:22.
- No. There was too much evidence. They did not do as others did by trying to explain away the miracles. In fact, the miracles are in the Talmud, and Orthodox Jews take this position today.
- With great logic by asking, "How can Satan cast out Satan?" and with the statement that a kingdom is divided against itself cannot stand.
- All the demons, the evil spirits, and those who preach another gospel.
- Yes. He was created as a good angel, but he fell (Isaiah 14:12-15), and he took others with him.
- Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Those who committed the unpardonable sin are in hell today, awaiting further judgment. Yes, there is an unpardonable sin today - it is to reject the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. There is no second chance after death. If you are a Christian , you don't have to worry about committing the unpardonable sin. But if you are not a believer...
- Yes. We see our Lord in His wonderful miracles being totally misinterpreted. The world hated Him. See John 15:18.
- How should we witness to accusers and skeptics?
- How can we be sure that we have pure motives?
- Satan cannot control you if you are a Christian. Make sure that you do not dabble in the occult or in white magic, for you could become confused. If you know of someone who is into these things of Satan's kingdom, show them how unreasonable and unwise it is.
- "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven...but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation." (Mark 3:28-29)