Talks for Growing Christians
The Olivet Discourse: Jesus' Return and Signs of the End Times
Lesson Number 56
- The Second Coming of Christ will be preceded by worldwide signs.
- The Second Coming of Christ will be preceded by worldwide evangelism.
- Let's get ready for the biggest party this world has ever seen.
- Let's distinguish between the signs of the end times.
- What worldwide signs will be noted prior to the Second Coming of Christ?
- To whom especially was the sign of the abomination of desolation given?
- When, precisely, will the cosmic disorders occur?
- Could spiritual forces of evil be involved in these signs?
- When will worldwide evangelism occur?
- Who will be present when the Lord returns to earth in power and in glory (when He sets up His kingdom on earth)?
- The Great Tribulation and cosmic disorders
- To the Jewish believers
- Immediately after the Tribulation and right before the Lord's return to earth.
- Yes. There will be war in heaven. See Revelation 12:7-9.
- Before the Second Coming of Christ
- Old Testament believers, the church, martyrs of the Tribulation period, believers who survived the Tribulation, and the elect angels.
- Would you be able to distinguish between the signs leading up to the end times and the signs of the end times?
- Can you differentiate between the Rapture and the Second Coming of the Lord when He returns to earth in power and glory? Could you state these events clearly to someone who is uncertain?
- Review the signs leading up to the end times and the signs of the end times. Clarify this in your mind so you could explain the signs to someone else.
- "In those days, after that Tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the...farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven." (Mark 13:24-27)