Talks for Growing Christians
Our Lord’s Power Over Nature and Satan
Lesson Number 22
- All storms are under the sovereign control of God.
- All spirits are under the sovereign control of God.
- Your personal testimony is needed where God is not wanted.
- What kind of storm came up on the Sea of Galilee?
- What is the answer to the disciples’ question in verse 25?
- Review the 4 Ds.
- How were the deity and humanity of Christ shown in this miracle?
- What are demons?
- This was not a rain storm with thunder and lightening; this was a windstorm that caused huge waves to swamp the boat. These storms can happen quite suddenly on the Sea of Galilee.
- The God of the universe! Jesus is God. As God, He created all things (Colossians 1:16) and has sovereign control over all things (Ephesians 1:11, Colossians 1:17).
- Disease, Death, Demons, and Disasters
- He fell asleep – He was fully Human. He calmed the storm – He was fully God.
- Demons are evil spirits and part of the evil angelic ranks. Demons were not created evil, but they become evil when they joined in Satan’s rebellion.
- The Lord said in Luke 8:22, “Let us cross over to the other side of the lake,” so there was no storm that could stop them. Likewise, there is no storm in this life that can thwart God’s good purpose for your life. God controls everything – including the damaging effects of sin. In fact He can use all bad fallout from sin for His own purposes (Romans 8:28).
- The people saw that the demon-possessed man had been made well, but they asked Jesus to leave their region. Jesus Christ continues to change lives today, but He is still asked to leave the public life. The powers that be cannot stop the good effects of your personal testimony. Your personal testimony is needed where God is not wanted.
- All storms are under the sovereign control of God. Apply this truth to the stormy challenges of your life.
- “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!” Luke 8:25
- “Then they went out to see what had happened, and came to Jesus, and found the man from whom the demons had departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind.” Luke 8:35