Talks for Growing Christians
Another Post-Resurrection Appearance, and the Ascension of Christ
Lesson Number 60
- The resurrection of Christ was a bodily resurrection.
- The ascension of Christ was a bodily ascension.
- Make the Lord and His people the center of your activity.
- How long was the Lord on earth following His resurrection? What was He doing during this time?
- How was the Lord’s resurrection body different from His body before death?
- How was the Lord’s resurrection body like His body before death?
- Give some examples of Old Testament Scriptures that teach the suffering, death, and resurrection of the Messiah (there are many).
- What was the “Promise of the Father” (verse 49)?
- The Lord was on earth for 40 days following His resurrection. He made numerous appearances to hundred of people to confirm the truth of His resurrection.
- His resurrection glorified body was not subject to certain limitations like gravity and closed doors.
- His resurrection body was a literal, tangible, physical, material body with flesh and solid structural bones. He confirmed that His body was real by taking something to eat.
- Psalm 22, Isaiah 53, Psalm 16
- This was the promise of the Holy Spirit to come with power at Pentecost.
- Think back over our study of the book of Luke. What has been the most interesting thing you have learned? What has been the most insightful?
- Have you made the Lord and His people a priority in your life? We have our jobs and responsibilities and it’s not wrong to have wholesome secular interest. But make the Lord and His people the center of your activity.
- “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” Luke 24:39
“And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.” Luke 24:45
“Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven.” Luke 24:51