Talks for Growing Christians
Boundaries for the Remaining Tribes of Israel
Lesson Number 27
- Every believer has a portion in the land.
- The Lord's portion is His people.
- Let's set the example like Joshua.
- Why is Simeon's inheritance not found on Bible maps that show tribal lands?
- In which tribal territory will the Battle of Armageddon take place?
- Name some noteworthy events that later took place in the territory of the tribe of Asher.
- Timnath Serah. Whose portion was this?
- Which three cities were burned in the conquest?
- Simeon's inheritance was within the inheritance of the tribe of Judah.
- In Issachar's territory, which includes the Plain of Jezreel, where the final battle will take place. See Revelation 16.
- Elijah would defeat the prophets of Baal on Mt. Carmel. The godly prophetess Anna was from the tribe of Asher.
- Jericho, Ai and Hazor.
- Just as God sovereignly divided the portion of the land to the different tribes, so God sovereignly distributes the different gifts and ministries among His people today. Read 1 Corinthians 12:4-7 and 1 Peter 4:10. Have you identified your gift? Are you a good steward of your gift? Are you using your gift for the profit of other believers? Are you using your gift to glorify God?
- Believers are the Lord's portion, just as Joshua's inheritance was an abundant portion. What does this mean spiritually? Refer to Ephesians 1:18.
- Joshua was a man of noble spirit, a godly man who practiced self-denial. Do you practice self-denial?
- "These were the inheritances that were designed in the presence of the Lord." (Joshua 19:51)