Talks for Growing Christians
The Growing Faith of the Healed Blind Man Shown in Contrast to the Further Spiritual Blindness of the Pharisees
Lesson Number 45
- God continues His work in every believer’s life.
- The end result of correct theology should be worship.
- Everyone was blind or will be blind.
- The Lord will find you when you’re hurting.
- Where did the healing take place, and what was the Lord’s teaching connected with this miracle?
- What was the reaction of the Pharisees?
- At what point did the Lord find the man?
- Cite a New Testament verse that confirms God’s continuing work in the life of the believer.
- How was this truth portrayed in this passage?
- What should be the end result of correct theology?
- Explain John 9:39.
- In Jerusalem. To confirm the deity of Christ.
- They did everything they could to discredit the Lord, and they reviled the blind man, even casting him out of the synagogue.
- After he had been cast out by the Pharisees
- Philippians 1:6, “He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
- The Lord not only healed the blind man, but He continued to work with him, teaching him more truth.
- Worship. As the man knew more of God, he worshiped (John 9:38).
- Those who do not believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God will be judged because they are trusting in their own sight. Those who acknowledge their spiritual blindness and come to Christ will see (be saved).
- Do you understand the impact of John 9:39, both for believers and the unsaved? Does this motivate you to share the gospel?
- The Lord found the man when he was hurting. Have you experienced His touch when you were hurting? How has the Lord ministered to you?
- How are you letting the Lord continue His work in your life?
- “Do you believe in the Son of God?” John 9:35
- “‘Lord, I believe!’ And he worshiped Him.” John 9:38
- “Jesus said, ‘For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.’” John 9:39