Talks for Growing Christians
“If You Do Not Believe that I Am He, You will die in Your Sins”
Lesson Number 39
- There is no second chance for salvation.
- There is no second way of salvation.
- Don’t miss your window of opportunity.
- Don’t unload everything at once on the unbeliever.
- How many “I Am” predicate statements are in the gospel of John? Give examples.
- How many “I Am” statements without predicates are there in the gospel of John? Give examples.
- To what was the Lord Jesus referring when He said, “When you lift up the Son of Man...”?
- To what was the Lord Jesus referring when He said, “then you will know that I am He”?
- Is there a second chance for salvation after death?
- Many roads lead to heaven. Right?
- What does Practical Application #1 mean, “Don’t miss your window of opportunity”?
- There are seven. The predicates are bread, light, door, Good Shepherd, etc.
- There are seven. Three of them are in chapter eight, verses 24, 28, and 58.
- He was referring to the cross, His resurrection and His ascension.
- Evidence at His death, including the earthquake, the three hours of darkness, the tearing of the veil in the temple from top to bottom, and the Roman centurion’s statement
- No. As Jesus said, “You will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come” John 8.21, and “if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins” John 8:24.
- Wrong. Jesus alone is the way of salvation.
- The “window of opportunity” comes from space terminology, meaning there is a window for launching because of just right conditions. Miss the window and the opportunity is lost.
- When did you seize your “window of opportunity” for salvation? Do you know some who have missed the “window of opportunity?”
- Do you know people who say there are many roads that lead to God and to heaven? What is your rebuttal?
- The Lord could have presented His hearers with more truth, but He was sensitive to the direction and timing of His Father. Follow His example when you are witnessing.
- “Jesus said, ‘…you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.’” John 8:24
- When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He.” John 8:28