Talks for Growing Christians
An Attempt by the Jewish Religious Leaders to Take Jesus
Lesson Number 34
- Logic should lead an unbeliever to the threshold of faith
- There is a point of no return
- We are immortal until our mission on earth is accomplished.
- Who were the chief priests of John 7:32?
- Were the ones seeking to take Jesus the Roman soldiers?
- What was meant by the “Dispersion” in John 7:35?
- How predictive was the question (John 7:35) by the Jewish leaders?
- How should logic lead unbelievers to the threshold of faith?
- Can logic save a person?
- What was John’s purpose in writing this gospel?
- Is there a point of no return? If so, what is that point?
- Those of the Sadducee Party, from the wealthy and powerful families of Jerusalem
- No, they were the temple guards who were to keep law and order in the temple area during the Feast of the Tabernacles.
- The Dispersion was the scattered Jews all over the Greek-speaking world. It began when the Jews went into captivity in Babylon, and some went down into Egypt at that time. The Dispersion continued when the Jews came back and it continues today. Today there are Jews all over the world because of the Dispersion.
- It was very predictive, for the gospel would go out to the Gentiles because of the rejection of Christ by His own people, the Jews.
- By believing in the words and works of the Lord Jesus Christ they logically come to the point of faith. The Lord pronounced judgment on the people who had heard His words and had seen His miracles, but did not believe.
- No, but it can bring him to the threshold of faith.
- See John 20:30-31.
- Yes. See John 7:33-34 and John 8:21, the fulfillment. The point of no return is found in John 8:24.
- Do you know someone who has failed to use logic and reason when it comes to believing? For example, is it logical to think that this universe just created itself, or fell into place?
- Discuss the practical application of this lesson, “We are immortal until our mission on earth is accomplished?” What does it mean to you? Do you know your mission on earth? Are you walking with God and seeking to serve Him?
- Has logic led you to the threshold of faith? Have you stepped over that threshold?
- “Jesus said, ‘I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I shall go to Him who sent Me. You will seek Me and not find Me, and where I am you cannot come.’” John 7.33-34