Talks for Growing Christians
The Lord Talking to the Multitudes in the Temple Area
Lesson Number 33
- Righteous judgment sees beneath surface appearances.
- God is not known by those who refuse to hear Jesus.
- Let’s not judge superficially.
- Why did the Lord begin to talk to the religious leaders about the law of Moses?
- How, specifically, did the religious leaders go against the law?
- Give an example from this passage concerning the doctrinal point, “Righteous judgment sees beneath surface appearances.”
- Cite a verse from this passage that says, in effect, “God is not known by those who refuse to hear Jesus.”
- Because the people were so proud of the law, and always appealing to it, but the Lord tells them that they are not keeping the law (John 7:22-23).
- See John 7:22. Also, they were seeking to kill Jesus, which was a transgression of the law, “Thou shalt not kill.”
- The Jewish leaders found fault with Jesus because He healed a man on the Sabbath, yet they circumcised on the Sabbath.
- John 7:28
- Do you ever judge according to appearance without seeing what is beneath the surface? Discuss how you can change this in your life.
- Are you fully persuaded that Jesus is God? How would you defend this to an unbeliever?
- “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” John 7:24
- “You both know Me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know.” John 7:28