Talks for Growing Christians
The Lord Teaches the Crowd During the Feast of the Tabernacles
Lesson Number 32
- Obedience is a key to correct doctrine
- Humility is a key to integrity
- Speak for God whenever you have an audience.
- Let’s watch out for the god of education.
- How long before His death did the Lord teach at the Feast of the Tabernacles?
- When were Jewish males to go up to Jerusalem?
- Where were the Jews from who were celebrating the Feast of the Tabernacles?
- What was the composition of the crowd to whom Jesus spoke?
- What is the key to correct doctrine?
- What is the key to integrity? What is integrity?
- About six months
- Three times a year to celebrate certain feasts. See Deuteronomy 16:16.
- From all over the Roman Empire, and even as far east as Babylon
- Many would have heard about Jesus, and some would have heard Him preach and would have seen His miracles. There were the religious leaders who had been looking for Jesus and had rejected Him. It was a crowd of mixed people and of mixed opinions.
- Obedience. See John 7:17.
- Humility. Integrity is moral soundness, honesty, moral uprightness.
- Do you want to interpret scripture correctly? What, then, must you do?
- Do you want to be known for your integrity? What, then, must you do?
- Beware of falling into the thinking of those who follow the god of education. At the same time, have you thanked God for the education that He has provided for you? Are you using it for Him?
- “If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.” John 7:17-18.