Talks for Growing Christians
A Discussion Between the Lord and His Earthly Brothers
Lesson Number 31
- God has a plan for the believer’s life
- Common sense is part of God’s plan for the believer’s life
- When you witness, you will be accused of deceiving people
- Family ties will not save you.
- What were the “things” of John 7:1?
- Which event was held by the Jews in the spring of the year? What did it commemorate?
- Who were the Lord’s earthly brothers? Did He also have sisters?
- For whom does God have a life plan?
- Is God’s plan in line with the world’s way of thinking? Discuss.
- Should you throw common sense to the wind when following God’s plan for your life?
- The two miracles and the bread of life discourse
- The Feast of Tabernacles. How God led them through the wilderness and into the Promised Land.
- James, Joses, Judas and Simon. Yes. See Mark 6:3.
- For believers. See John 7:6-8, where the Lord was saying that there was a pre-programmed plan for His life, but not for theirs because they were not in tune with God’s plan for their lives.
- No. As in the case of Jesus, the natural way would have been for Jesus to go up to Jerusalem and enter as a king.
- No. Follow the example of the Lord Jesus. He did not put Himself in a dangerous situation when his brothers argued that He should. Our missionaries keep this in mind when in hostile situations.
- Do you believe that God has a plan for your life? If so, how can you discern it on a daily basis? See Proverbs 3:5-6.
- Are you ready to accept God’s plan, even though you will be hated by the world? (See 1 John 3:13 and John 15:18-19.
- Are you ready to be hated by the world?
- “Even His brothers did not believe in Him.” John 7:5
- “My time has not yet come…My time has not yet fully come.” John 7:6,8
- “The world hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil.” John 7:7