Talks for Growing Christians
The Bread of Life Discourse
Lesson Number 27
- The world says, “Seeing is believing.” God says, “Believing is seeing.”
- Eternal security of the soul is part of God’s salvation package.
- Resurrection of the body is part of God’s salvation package.
- You can come close and still not be saved.
- What did the Jews want before they would believe?
- Which verses in this passage support the doctrine of eternal security?
- If you truly accept Christ as your personal Savior, can you lose your salvation?
- When does everlasting life begin?
- What does “it” refer to in John 6:39?
- What is the most important thing for the believer in his resurrected body?
- A sign
- John 6:37, 39, 40
- No. Refer to the verses in the above answer.
- When a person accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Savior
- The sum total of believers. No believer will miss out on the resurrection day.
- Review the practical application in this lesson. Do you know someone who believes in God and in the miracles of the Bible, and goes to church, but has not truly accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior? Refer to John 6:36 to see how this can happen. How could you help such a person? See John 6:35 and John 6:40.
- Discuss doctrinal point #1. Refer to Luke 16:19-31 and John 11:40.
- Has your hunger been satisfied? Has your thirst been satisfied? Are you hungry still? Are you thirsty still? Relate your answer to John 6:35. Look up John 4:14 and other Scriptures that speak of spiritual hunger and thirst.
- “My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” John 6:32-33
- “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.” John 6:35
- “Everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40