Talks for Growing Christians
The Lord Jesus Elaborating on His Claim to Be God by Claiming Attributes and Activities that Belong to God Alone
Lesson Number 22
- Jesus claimed the attributes of God for Himself.
- Jesus claimed the activities of God for Himself.
- Do you worship a pagan God?
- Who was the “them” of John 5:19, to whom Jesus was talking?
- Of what were the Jews accusing the Lord Jesus?
- Define “attributes.”
- List three attributes.
- Is Jesus’ claim to omnipotence validated elsewhere in the New Testament?
- What are the divine activities of God that Jesus claimed for Himself?
- The Jews who were finding fault with Jesus.
- Of healing on the Sabbath, and of His claim to be God.
- Qualities of character that are inherent to God.
- God is omniscient (all-knowing), omnipotent (all-powerful), and omnipresent (present everywhere at once).
- See Colossians 1:16 and Hebrews 1:3.
- The giving of life and the final judging of all mankind. See John 5:21-22.
- Do a Bible search on other attributes of God. Note how they are manifested in the life of Jesus.
- If you say that you worship God but not Jesus, then you are not worshipping the God of the Bible. If you don’t give the Lord Jesus Christ the same status as God Almighty, then you don’t worship the Almighty God. Give this some serious thought.
- Do you worship a pagan god? Pagan gods are gods of our own choosing or making that take the place of the true God. Cull out your false gods or idols – anything that comes between you and the living God.
- “As the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.” John 5:21
- “For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son.” John 5:22