Talks for Growing Christians
Further Testimony of John the Baptist
Lesson Number 15
- People who don’t believe the words of Jesus, don’t believe in the God of the Bible.
- The wrath of God abides on the unbeliever.
- What do you have that you did not receive? (1 Corinthians 4:7)
- Do you know the secret of joy?
- What are “these things” of John 3:22?
- What are the two ministries of baptism going on here?
- What was the dispute about between John’s disciples and the other Jews?
- How did John give testimony to the supremacy of Christ?
- Is it possible to believe in the God of the Bible while not believing the words of Christ?
- Primarily the Lord’s conversation with Nicodemus
- John was baptizing a baptism of repentance, preparing the people for the coming kingdom of God. Meanwhile, the Lord and His disciples were involved in a ministry of baptism similar to John’s, a repentance preparing the people for the kingdom of God.
- “He must increase, but I must decrease.” (John 3:30)
- No. See John 3:33-34.
- When does everlasting life begin? When does the wrath of God abide on the unbeliever?
- Review practical application #2. Do you know the secret of real joy? Does it show in your life?
- Are you fully persuaded of the truth of John 3:30? How does this show in your life?
- “A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.” John 3:27
- “He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30
- “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” John 3:36