Talks for Growing Christians
Some Further Truths about Jesus Christ, The Word
Lesson Number 2
- Christ created everything.
- Christ is the only source of light and life.
- The light of Christ is more powerful than darkness.
- We don’t have to be afraid of the dark.
- The Lord Jesus Christ created everything. Support this doctrinal point with Scripture.
- The Lord Jesus Christ created everything. What is “everything”?
- How did the Lord Jesus Christ create everything?
- Christ is the only source of light and life. What does this mean?
- How is the light of Christ more powerful than darkness?
- “All things were made through Him (Christ), and without Him nothing was made that was made.” John 1:3 See also Hebrews 1:1-2 and Colossians 1:16.
- “Everything” includes all celestial bodies and earthly bodies. It includes sub-atomic particles, plants, fish, people, and everything in the universe.
- As God the Son, He was the agent of creation. He did it by His Word. See Psalm 33:6, 9.
- He is the source of both physical and spiritual life. The only way, however, that a person can have understanding and guidance in life is to have spiritual life. The only way that a person can understand the ways of God and His guidance and direction is to have spiritual life.
- Most people do not comprehend the Light, but the darkness could not overcome the Light of Christ. The world’s rejection of Christ did not keep the Light from shining. Many have tried to put it out, preferring darkness, but just as a candle lights the deepest darkness, so the Light of Christ enlightens men.
- Would you be able to state clearly the purpose of John’s gospel? See John 20:31.
- Consider Christ as Life and Light. What does this mean to you personally?How can a person have both spiritual light and life? By receiving Jesus Christ as personal Savior.
- Believers have no reason to be afraid of the dark, for the Lord is more powerful than any darkness. Are there times when you are afraid of the darkness of this world? Does your light shine in your immediate sphere? See Matthew 5:16.
- “All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.” John 1:3-5