Talks for Growing Christians
In Jesus’ Name the Disciples Can Approach the Father Directly in Prayer & The Time Has Come When the Disciples will be Scattered
Lesson Number 75
- Believers have the assurance of direct access to the Father.
- Believers have the assurance of definite answers from the Father.
- Do you have the joy of answered prayer?
- Do you know the peace of reading Scripture?
- What are the “things” of John 16:25?
- When would Jesus speak plainly about the Father?
- “You will be scattered.” When did this come true?
- When was the “in that day” of John 16:26?
- Does John 16:26 contradict Romans 8:34 and Hebrews 7:25?
- How do believers have assurance of answered prayer?
- The Lord was referring to His teachings in general, and His use of parables and proverbs.
- In the forty days between the Lord’s resurrection and His ascension, He taught the disciples more directly.
- All the disciples forsook Him and fled. See Mark 14:50, a fulfillment of Zechariah’s messianic prophecy (Zechariah 13:7).
- It is now, and has been since Christ’s ascension (John 16:28).
- No. These verses all tell us that we can pray directly to the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus.
- By praying in line with what the Lord would approve.
- Do you know the joy of answered prayer? Give examples.
- Do you know the peace of reading Scripture? Give examples.
- Is your soul restless? Are you uptight about something? Are you being persecuted? Read the word of the Savior. There is a peace that He alone can bring to the restless, troubled soul. The peace of Christ passes all understanding.
- “…whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.” John 16:23
- “…the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and he believed that I came forth from God.” John 16:27
- “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33