Talks for Growing Christians
More Teaching on the Holy Spirit & The Lord’s Promise of Peace for Every Believer
Lesson Number 68
- There’s no better teaching for the believer than the teaching of the Holy Spirit.
- There’s no better peace for the believer than the peace of God.
- There’s no better proof for the believer than the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- “You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away’… If you loved Me, you would rejoice.” Why weren’t the disciples rejoicing?
- “My Father is greater than I.” Does this mean that Jesus is less than the Father?
- Who is the ruler of this world?
- Satan tried to thwart the mission of Christ, but he had no hold on Him. Why?
- What proof is there that the Holy Spirit taught the disciples?
- What is the best possible teaching for believers?
- What is the best peace for the believer? Does this peace mean exemption from conflict and trial?
- Their love was short-sighted and selfish. If they had fully appreciated the Lord’s work of redemption and His return to the Father, it would mean that they knew the work for their salvation was complete, and the Lord would no longer be subject to the cruelty and indignity of man.
- No. It means that in His role of Redeemer, the Lord Jesus submitted His will to the will of the Father. They are equal in essence, but Jesus subordinated His will to the Father in His earthly ministry.
- Because Christ was sinless, and the work on the cross was accomplished. The victory was won.
- In the rest of the New Testament, we see specific help was given to the disciples by the Holy Spirit in remembering “all things.”
- The teaching of the Holy Spirit.
- The peace of God. No. It promises calmness and confidence in God, so we can go through conflict or trial without anxiety or fear.
- How much do you rely on the teaching of the Holy Spirit? When you become frustrated in not knowing or remembering the word, look at John 14:26.
- Do you lack peace? Where are you seeking peace? See John 14:27 and Isaiah 26:3.
- When disappointments come and there is a tendency to say, “Lord, where are You?” remember Romans 8:28. Anticipate the Lord’s good.
- “The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” John 14:26
- “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27