Talks for Growing Christians
A Number of Promises, Including the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit
Lesson Number 67
- Every Christian is guaranteed great ministry and effective prayer.
- Every Christian is guaranteed great comfort and effective counsel.
- We can experience heaven on earth.
- “I will not leave you orphans, but I will come to you.” What did Jesus mean by this statement?
- Is the Judas of John 14:22 the same Judas who betrayed Jesus?
- How is every Christian guaranteed a great ministry?
- How is every Christian guaranteed effective prayer?
- How is every Christian guaranteed great comfort?
- How is every Christian guaranteed effective counsel?
- He had two events in mind – His resurrection and the coming of the Holy Spirit.
- No. He is probably the disciple called Lebbaes (Thaddaeus). See Matthew 10:3 and Mark 3:18.
- See John 14:12, which means the gospel will be spread throughout the world. Whereas, while the Lord was here, His ministry was localized.
- By praying in accordance with His will. Then the Lord’s name is glorified, and believers’ prayers are answered.
- This promise refers to the Holy Spirit, who dwells with the believer and is in the believer. He comes alongside to give whatever help is needed.
- See John 14:16-17. The Holy Spirit comes alongside to give whatever counsel is needed.
- Do you become discouraged when your prayers do not seem to be answered? Do you want a blank check to ask whatever you desire, or do you pray in line with the will of God? Also, remember that the prerequisite for experiencing heaven on earth is obedience to the will of God.
- How can you do greater works than Jesus did?
- Do you think of the Holy Spirit as a real and living person? Recognize Him in your life as a distinct person of the Godhead, the One who indwells you.
- “Whatsoever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14
- “If you love Me, keep My commandments.” John 14:15
- “I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever – the Spirit of truth… dwells with you and will be in you.” John 14:16-17